To use my qualifications and training as an acupuncturist and to combine my training as a functional movement therapist to help treat and educate others.
Teaching musculoskeletal anatomy, postural and functional movement evaluations, orthopedic testing, manual muscle testing, Traditional Chinese Medicine(TCM), Sports Medicine Acupuncture, Selective Functional Movement Assessments (SFMA) in the treatment and assessment of musculoskeletal disorders and chronic pain.
Interned with Matt Callison and Acusport Health Center in the specialized treatment of acute and chronic musculoskeletal injuries using a combination of Sports Medicine and Traditional Chinese Medicine (2006-2010).
Employed by Crossfit Invictus as part of the medical team treating athletes during both the Regional and World Reebok Crossfit Games competitions (2012-present). The Team Invictus placed 1st finish in the 2014 Reebok Games.
Acupuncture Instruction/Teaching experience:
Employed by Acusport Seminar Series as an Teaching Assistant in instruction of the Sports Medicine Acupuncture Certification (SMAC) Program. (2010-present)
Teacher assistant at Pacific College of Oriental Medicine (PCOM) in San Diego, California (Fall of 2013-present) for the class “Treatment of Orthopedic Disorders”. This class is an orthopedic class on the treatment and assessment of musculoskeletal disorders based on Matt Callison’s work, combing Sports Medicine and Traditional Chinese Medicine.
Licensed in California since April of 2011.
- Thrive Wellness INC., in San Diego California. Specializing in treating acute and chronic musculoskeletal injuries utilizing a combination of Sports Medicine Acupuncture, postural assessment and corrective exercise (April 2011-August 2012)
- Principal of Old Town Acupuncture and Wellness, San Diego, California. Specializing in treating acute and chronic musculoskeletal injuries utilizing a combination of Sports Medicine Acupuncture, postural and functional movement assessments(September 2012- present).
Bachelor of Arts Degree in Jazz Performance at University of New Orleans (2000).
Master of Science Degree in Traditional Chinese Medicine at Pacific College of Oriental Medicine (Dec of 2009).
- Certified in Sports Medicine Acupuncture consisting of 245 hours. (2011)
- Certified Symmetry Postural Assessment Therapist consisting of 56 hours. (2011)
- Certified Selective Functional Movement Assessment Therapist (SFMA) consisting of 15 hours. (Feb 2014)
- Kinesio Level 2 certified (KFTP-16 total hours)(2011)
I am a health, exercise and movement enthusiast. I have been an avid runner for over two decades, completing ultra races and marathons, of which producing Boston Marathon qualifying times.
Available on request.