Vasa Mik is a licensed acupuncturist and owner of Acusport Health Center in San Diego, CA. Mr. Mik’s comprehensive education and clinical experience includes Sports Medicine Acupuncture, Orthopedic Rehabilitation, Postural Therapy, and Functional Corrective Exercise Prescription. In Addition, his fifteen year experience as a competitive Brazilian Jiu Jitsu practitioner and Instructor has led to a deeper understanding of factors leading to injuries and the processes of healing. Mr. Mik’s passion for an integrated and holistic approach to healing is embodied in his teaching clinic where he successfully treats many recreational, professional and Olympic athletes.
CURRENT & PAST POSITIONS:
- Private practice, Acusport Health Center, San Diego, CA.
- Team Acupuncturist BJJ Revolution Team/five times National Champions, San Diego, CA.
- Faculty, Treatment of Orthopedic Disorders Course, Pacific College of Oriental Medicine, San Diego, CA.
- Clinic Supervisor, Acupuncture Department, University of California’s San Diego (UCSD) Sports Medicine RIMAC Center, San Diego, CA.
- Instructor Sports Medicine Acupuncture certification Program, San Diego, CA. and Boston, MA.
PROFESSIONAL LICENSES / CERTIFICATIONS
Licensed Acupuncturist, California & Nationally.
Certified STAR Practitioner, Symmetry For Health Inc., Folsom, CA.
Corrective Exercise Specialist, National Academy of Sports Medicine, Mesa, AZ
EDUCATION AND INTERNSHIPS:
Master of Science Traditional Oriental Medicine, Pacific College of Oriental Medicine, San Diego, CA.
Five year clinical apprenticeship under Matt Callison M.S. L.Ac., San Diego, CA.
Clinical Internship, Chronic Pain Department , Children’s Hospital, San Diego, CA.
Clinical Internship, Chengdu University Hospital of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Chengdu, China.
Clinical Internship, University of California San Diego (UCSD) Sports Medicine RIMAC Center, San Diego, CA.
Emperor’s College of Traditional Oriental Medicine, Santa Monica, CA.
Bachelors of Science, San Diego Sate University, San Diego, CA