Sports Medicine Acupuncture Program
Click here for the SMAC Program HYBRID Class Descriptions
Click here for the SMAC Program ALL IN-PERSON Class Descriptions
Go to this page to meet all of the instructors of the SMAC Program and SMA foundational courses—About Us. Visit this page to see the instructors for each specific class—SMA Class Schedule.
- In order to register for individual Sports Medicine Acupuncture (SMA) live, in-person courses, the licensed practitioner must understand and agree to the AcuSport Education Agreement Form (see below).
- Live, in-person course participants must be a licensed or registered acupuncturist and provide proof of having graduated from an ACAOM accredited or equivalent Traditional Chinese Medicine Acupuncture school.
- Participants must have a minimum of 2,000 hours of acupuncture and TCM training and provide proof of having an active license and malpractice insurance.
- In order to register for individual Sports Medicine Acupuncture (SMA) live, in-person courses, the licensed practitioner must:
- Understand and agree to the AcuSport Education Agreement Form (see below)
- Provide proof of having graduated from an ACAOM accredited or equivalent Traditional Chinese Medicine Acupuncture school with a minimum of 2,000 hours of acupuncture and TCM training
- Be a licensed or registered acupuncturist and provide proof of active license and malpractice insurance
- Read the AcuSport Education Agreement Form and Release of Liability Form (see tabs below) and indicate your agreement on Registration Form
- Complete the Sports Medicine Acupuncture Certification Program Registration Form at the bottom of this page
- Upon submitting your registration below, you will receive a “Registration Pending” email providing detailed information about how to easily upload required documents to our secure Dropbox folder. Upload all required documentation ASAP to complete your registration and reserve your place.
- Please see the Registration Information section for more info
We accept Visa, Mastercard, AMEX and Discover. US bank checks are also accepted.
Check payment can be addressed and sent to:
P.O. Box 7699
San Diego, CA 92167
Payments will be processed on the 15th of the month prior to start date of the class. For example, for a class starting October 11th, the student’s credit card will be charged or check payment must be received on or by September 15th. In addition, to secure your spot in the class, please remember all required documents must be uploaded to our Dropbox account before your registration can be confirmed. You will receive an email providing detailed information about easily uploading these documents into a secure Dropbox folder once you submit your registration.
Payment Plans Available
15 month payment plans are available for students registering to take the entire program as live, in person classes for the 2022-2023 Program Year in San Diego, California. A 15% one time charge of $1,413.00 will be charged upon registering with this option. Starting August 15, 2023, the credit card provided will be charged $533.80 for the next 15 months until October 2024. Please email Patricia at email@example.com for more information.
Coupon Code discounts are offered to C.SMA students, repeat students who have already completed the class within the past two years, and students paying by check. Participants are only eligible for one Coupon Code per class, module or program.
|Student Type||Discount||Discount Code|
|Standard (Credit Card Payment)||0%||None|
|Standard (Check Payment)||2.5%||CHECK|
* A Repeat Student is someone who has taken the same exact class within the last 2 years. Repeat Students receive a 10% discount on all individual classes only. SMAC module and program discounts do not apply. Select individual classes only when registering!
** An acupuncture student is an individual matriculated at an accredited Traditional Chinese Medicine school. Proof of current enrollment is required for this discount such as current class list, payment stub for the semester, or current student id. Acupuncture students can partake in all online webinar classes. Acupuncture student cannot, however, attend the live-in person Assessment & Treatment of Injury courses.
***This discount code is for ESATM alumni only
There are a limited number of discounted seats available per class. Please register as soon as possible to take advantage of your discount!
Sports Medicine Acupuncture Program
Cancellations received greater than 21 days prior to course start date may be eligible to receive a full refund, less a $50 cancellation fee and an 8% transaction fee for credit card payments. All cancellations must be made in writing and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cancellations made within 21 days prior to course start date are not eligible for a refund. Registrants who choose not to attend the seminar without notice will also not be eligible for a refund.
Refunds will be credited back to the original credit card used for payment or by check if applicable.
Participants will not receive credit for any missed sessions and will not receive certificates of completion for partially completed courses.
AcuSport Education Cancellation Terms
AcuSport Education reserves the right to cancel an event due to low enrollment or other circumstances which would make the event non-viable. If AcuSport Education is forced to cancel an event, a full refund of the tuition paid will be granted to the registered student. AcuSport Education will not pay for travel costs incurred due to a cancelled class.
AcuSport Seminar Series, Inc. and its subsidiary company AcuSport Education (AE) admits qualified students of any race, gender, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin in to our programs. AE does not discriminate based on race, gender, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admission policies or programs.
Upon submitting your registration for the SMA program courses located below, you will receive a “Registration Pending” email that provides you with detailed information about how to easily upload required documents to our secure Dropbox folder. To complete your registration, you must upload the documentation noted below to Dropbox following the step-by-step instructions. Please note that your registration is not complete until all documentation has been received.
The following documents are needed for completion of registration. Please make sure all documents are clear, legible and saved as a JPG, PDF or Word document and upload them to our secure AcuSport Education Dropbox folder using this link — https://www.dropbox.com/request/DCvhOiEUJZBd1HpeKThp
- Copy of current acupuncture license. A photo is acceptable.
- Copy of diploma from an ACAOM-accredited or equivalent Traditional Chinese Medicine acupuncture school from where you graduated
- Copy of current malpractice insurance.
Follow these four easy steps:
- Click on the link
- Select your documents from where they are stored
- Attach your documents
- Choose Upload
We are here to help! If you have questions about your documentation, please feel free to email us at email@example.com and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can. If you have any issues with Dropbox, please check out this helpful link https://www.dropbox.com/help.
If you have any questions about malpractice insurance, please go to Enrollment Requirements and Enrollment Process sections on this page. Have other questions? Please visit our FAQ.
In order to register for individual Sports Medicine Acupuncture (SMA), live, in-person courses, the licensed practitioner must understand and agree to the following statements:
- The registrant is currently licensed to practice acupuncture in their country, state or providence. Or, the registrant is currently in an accredited traditional Chinese medicine college or university.
- The registrant is proficient at traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) nomenclature, theories (qi, blood, body fluids, organs and channels) and differential diagnosis. The SMA educational content is rooted in TCM and integrated with western biomedical paradigms. It is recommended the registrant has a strong background in TCM in order to gain the best value of these educational courses.
- The registrant is aware that SMAC Program online classes (live or recorded) can be taken individually or collectively and can be applied towards their for Sports Medicine Acupuncture certification (SMAC) by submitting their CEU certificates for these webinars.
- To earn their SMA certification (SMAC), students must successfully complete four Assessment of Treatment live, in-person only classes. The rest of the classes can be taken either online (live or recorded) or live and in-person.
- The registrant enrolled in the SMAC program will be required to complete online examinations after the completion of each module and a final practical exam after completion of the SMAC program. The registrant not enrolled in the certification program does not need to complete any online examinations.
Acknowledgment of this AcuSport Education Agreement Form—by clicking the agreement box at the bottom of the Registration Form below—is required to register for one or more courses.
I am licensed in my state, province or country to practice acupuncture and herein as participant, hereby release AcuSport Education, dba AcuSport Seminar Series, Inc., herein as Matt Callison L.Ac., from any and all liability of techniques (needle techniques, manual therapies, etc.) taught by Matt Callison L.Ac., faculty, co-teachers, assistants, and employed instructors, and learned and performed by the participant during and after each course offered in the Sports Medicine Acupuncture Certification (SMAC) program.
I hereby release and hold harmless Matt Callison L.Ac., and/or his assistants/representatives as set forth above, as well as the seminar venue Marina Village Conference Center or Eastern School of Acupuncture and Traditional Medicine, from any liability by virtue of any physical injury to other seminar participants or clientele treated by said participant due to needle techniques or manual therapies performed by the participant taking the seminar or by any other injury that may occur on or off of these premises. Further, by agreeing to this release of liability, I can show proof that I am currently a licensed acupuncturist and that I possess and am covered by a current professional liability insurance policy.
If I am an attending student, I hereby release and hold harmless Matt Callison L.Ac. and/or his assistants, as well as the seminar venue, Marina Village Conference Center or Eastern School of Acupuncture and Traditional Medicine, or representatives, of any liability if I, under my own discretion participate in the needling of this course. I, as a student, further take all responsibility in keeping current with all regulations concerning students needling in this seminar and will not hold AcuSport Education, Matt Callison L.Ac. and/or all affiliates liable for repercussions against said student.
I give permission for any images taken or recorded of me during the in person, live-gathering workshops by photo, audio and/or video. These images are owned by Matt Callison and he has full rights to use these images for commercial and educational purposes.
By clicking on the agreement box at the bottom of the Registration Form below, I affirm that I have read this release and that I fully understand and agree to its terms.
PLEASE KEEP IN MIND:
- There are now 2 tracks for the SMAC Program: ALL IN-PERSON & HYBRID
- The ALL IN-PERSON track consists of the 12 classes: four 2-day Myofascial Techniques & Therapeutic Exercise (MTTE) classes, four 3-day Postural Imbalances and Acupuncture Protocols (PIAP) classes (2 days only for Module I-The Spine) and four Assessment & Treatment of Injuries (ATI) classes:
- Module I: Huatuojiaji Points: Vertebral Fixations and Facilitated Segments-2 days
- Module II: The Low Back, Hip & Groin Assessment & Treatment of Injury-5 days
- Module III: The Lower Extremity Assessment & Treatment of Injury-5 days
- Module IV: The Neck, Shoulder and Upper Extremity Assessment & Treatment of Injury-5 days
- The HYBRID track contains 75% of the SMAC Program as recorded webinars plus four required live, in-person Assessment & Treatment of Injuries (ATI) courses, as listed above.
- Individual classes can be taken online or in-person for continuing education credit without committing to the entire program or a certification track.
- For those pursuing the certification track, you have two program years to complete all of the material.
- For the full list of SMAC Program, classes and available formats, please visit our Class Descriptions pages: ALL IN-PERSON & HYBRID
- To apply online SMAC Program webinars towards your SMA certification, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your CE certificate.
- To purchase Recorded Webinars in the HYBRID TRACK, click here.